Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Mind- Path Masher

I found a special message from Mr. Tim Westberg of Philadelphia's most excellent spazz-pop wizards, My Mind, waiting in my inbox just the other day. So rad! If you don't already know, you need to dig this awesomeness-

OUR RECORD IS FINALLY DONE!!
My Mind has finally finished our first record! "Path Masher" is eleven songs on a 7" with a lovely front-artwork by Margaret Rolicki (click here or see attached file for a scan of the art and inserts).

If you'd like a copy of the record, please reply to whosemindisitanyway@gmail.com with your current mailing address and I'd be delighted to send you one.

If you don't have a turntable/record player, here are the mp3s.
A few of the songs have been posted to our myspace page, so please have a listen.

Couple other things:
  • In mid-August (probably Friday, Aug. 14th at 4500 Kingsessing) Hot Guts and we will do a "proper" release show for this record and the new Hot Guts 7" (also on Badmaster).
  • "U.S. Out of My Mind/Stay Out of the Territories" -- a 60 minute cassette tape of improvised "jamz" and a couple of remixes from the same source material, featuring vocal and bass guitar contributions from Drums Like Machine Guns' Brian Morsberger. Soon available from Linear B Tapes.
  • I've begun posting music at http://whosemindisitanyway.blogspot.com/, so please have a look/listen.

No comments: