Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oidupaa Vladimir Oiun- Divine Music From a Jail




After watching Genghis Blues, I thought that I had heard all the Tuvan throat-singing that I'd ever need to hear. I was wrong- OV Ouin is something else entirely-- mournful, heartsick folk ballads, underscored by a wonderfully ethereal accordian (or concertina?), rather than the fast-plucked string staccatos of Tuvan song that I'd become accustomed to expect. One of my favorite albums ever. Just you listen here:


*Many thanks to Mr. Matthew Wells for supplying me with this haunting little album a few years back.


Oidupaa Vladimir Oiun- Divine Music From a Jail  *Re-upped 7/20/12

TRACKLIST:
1. How the Shadow Is Clear
2. It Is Echoing All Over the World
3. Khaian
4. Have You Seen Kodergen?
5. To My Mother
6. It Is Windy in Ovur
7. While There Is Still Taiga
8. There My Wealthy Taiga
9. I Am Sitting on a Steep Slope
10. Recollecting My All, My Homeland
11. Only You A Thin Mountain Ash
12. There Are Many Tears Here Gained
13. I Will Herd My Nightingale
14. The Girl of the Tes-Khem
15. Kaldak-Khamar
16. Ah, You Sweetie

14 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you so much for sharing this music. i cant find it in torrents or amazon thank you

liz tortillaberg said...

this has blown my mind.

Luciano Fonseca said...

Where is the link for downloading?

nicholab said...

Comment # 1 @ Holywarbles: "((0))"

Charles said...

Гениально! Спасибо большое!

raurrisaur said...

Hey I just heard this on the Ghost Capital mixtape for Aquarium Drunkard. I was totally blown away. I'm late to the train on this one, but could you repost this or make the link for download live again?

Kingmitch said...

Same as raurrisaur, a little late to the party but I would love to get this

nicholab said...

reupped

Crafty C said...

Thank you for reupping this.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic. You and Moos at Globalgroove have to be two of my favorite people in the world, along with Sindre, the developer of Subsonic :) Thank you for everything.

Anonymous said...

I'm in from the mixtape as well and at first I couldn't relate to what I perceived as grunting. Now I really like what I perceive as grunting!

Anonymous said...

I'm in from the mixtape as well and at first I couldn't relate to what I perceived as grunting. Now I really like what I perceive as grunting!

Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks a lot! Does anyone know something about this singer? I can't find any biography or documentation...

Anonymous said...

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks