Monday, August 1, 2011

Luzmila Carpio - Winay Llaqta (People of Eternity)



Luzmila Carpio: "I use the language and music of my people, that of the Indian land, of our mountains, of our lakes, of the air we breathe. I sing my love for the land which witnessed my birth, the land of my ancestors. I speak of Pachamama, Mother Earth, of harmony and love, of the role of women in our civilization, of coexistence between man and nature within a cosmic order, of our traditions, which must not be lost."

5 comments:

Holly said...

Well, heck. New to me. Just too much goodness in the world! Any suggested starting points?

rosel zech said...

Oh, tickle me! What a lovely songbird.

Bjarke said...

I have the album cantos quechua aymaras de los andes and it's an absolute beauty of an album - a good starting point. Listen to this song for instance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRYyCYsw9Hk

ben said...

song of the earth and stars is absolutely amazing. incredibly unique instrumentation. one of my favorite albums of all time.

Holly said...

Thank you Bjarke & ben!!!!