Turkish field recordings compiled & edited by Wold Dietrich, 1968-1977.
"...Among these pieces there are some relatively old forms but also some new, more urban forms. With one exception all these documents are on-the-field recordings made in various villages during several trips to Turkey in 1968-1977. they illustrate main tendencies- those which are disappearing and others which are developing- in Turkish music of today." (Cover notes)
I've found I'm generally drawn to most anything that's taqsim. 320 Vinyl rip by yours truly. Lyrichord, 1977 (LLST 7356).
Download Link: Removed by request from Lyrichord.
1. Ezan: The Müezzin's call for prayer (Antalya, 1968)- Mustafa Ozdemir (voice)
2. Hunkar Hacibertas Veli'nin Nefesi: Air of Lord Hadijibektash Veli (Incirliova, 1977)- Ali Sözen (lute)
3. Ussak Makaminda Bir Taksim: Improvisation on the Ushak Scale (Bodrum, 1977)- Salih Baysal (violin)
4. 'Zahidem' Turkusu: Song of Zahide (Çandir, 1973)- Halil Ekiz (voice)
5. Hicaz Taksimi Ve Suzinak Pesrevi: Improvisation and Prelude (Wiesbaden, 1973)- Özkan Gençay (zither)
6. Genc Osman: Young Osman (Istanbul, 1976)- Mehter Band of the Asker Müze
7. Koroglu Oyun Havasi: Dance tune (Incirliova, 1977)- Hüseyin Doğan, Sabahattin Diner & Hüseyin Doğan Jr. (shawm/drum)
8. Rumeli Ciftetellisi - Greek ciftelli dance (Ürgüp, 1976)- Haydar & Mustafa Çevik (clarinet/drum)
9. Artvin Honoru: Horon dance from Artvin (Kars, 1976)- Sadi Ternez & Yaşar Aktepe (pipe/drum)
10. Karakoyun Icin Avsar Havasi: Melody for the sheep (Kirazlı Köyü, 1977)- Reşat Uysal (flute)
11. Karakoyun Suyu Icermege Icin - Shepherd tune for the sheep going to drink (Bakırköy, 1977)- Süleyman Özdemir (flute)
12. Samfistik Turkusu: Song of the damascene pistachio (Beşdeğirmenler, 1973)- Ibrahim Kepetçioğlu (voice & lute)
13. Kocaarap Zeyebegi: The old arab Zeybeck dance (Karagözler Köyü, 1977)- Idriz & Kâmil Keskin (gourd fiddle/lute)
14. Arhavi Oyun Havasi: Dance from Arhavi (Arhavi, 1976)- Hasan Turna (fiddle)