Friday, August 27, 2010

Zach Swagger, Data Panic + William Murray- TV True Tonight / Try To (1981)

Private press Devo-esque New Wave. I bought this 45 for 25 cents over 10 years ago at a dingy old spot in Harrisonburg, VA called R & S Records- a freaky time warp of blacklight posters, wood panelled walls and KISS Memorabilia. The back cover of my copy is signed and inscribed by Mr. Swagger himself: "Zach Swagger...Love to Bobby and Suzanne." (That does it. I really do need to get a scanner.) In my opinion, the B-side "Try To" is the better track. Sounds sort of like Men's Recovery Project. 320 vinyl rip by yours truly.



Link: Zach Swagger, Data Panic + William Murray- TV True Tonight / Try To (1981)

Zach Swagger- Drums, Vocals & Tech
Data Panic- Guitar, Synthesizer, Mix Down "Try To"
William Murray- Synthesizer, Mix Down "TV True"
Margarest Meenehan- Lyrics on "Try to"

3 comments:

icastico said...

Just a heads-up.
New aboombong is out: amnemonic.
Available “name your price” at http://aboombong.bandcamp.com/album/amnemonic

Don’t sleep on the bonus track offer…
Spread the word.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Been looking for this for over a decade! Thanks for posting. I've got the other Zack Swagger 7". If you need it, let me know how to get in touch and I will send you the mp3's.

Thanks - DB

J.C. said...

Been looking for this for years! If you could please re up this it would make my year!